Invited to Leave

Why do all of my math teachers seem to take a “special interest” in me? I’m not that stupid am I? I know I’m not that smart because two of them asked me if I wanted to leave the class. The difference between them is one of them was hoping the answer would be no and the other wanted it to be yes.
In fifth grade, my math teacher finally taught me how to multiply big numbers despite the fact that I was in advanced math. Then pushed me into joining double advanced math when I some how, magically scored a 92 on the placement test.
In sixth grade, my math teacher instantly noticed that I was struggling. To make it even more obvious, my mom told him that on the first day of school. He pushed me to do better and never gave up on me. I thought that I would finally be ok.
At the beginning of this year, my (old) math teacher realized that she shouldn’t even try to educate me the second I walked in her cold room. Then, no one ever told me about the summer homework and she had me start and complete all 96 problems of it that night and return it to her the next morning. About a two weeks later, she started suggesting that I move out. This was my first ” invitation to leave”. By the next week, I had gotten a 36 on a test and got a very firm ” invitation to leave”. This time I obliged. I blame her for not making even the slightest effort!
Thanks to her, I am right back where I started last year. The good thing that came out of this is that now I have a teacher that actually believes in me.

One thought on “Invited to Leave

1. Sounds like you have had a pretty disappointing math experience! I can relate! I’m sure my math teachers would have loved it if I had been “invited to leave.” 🙂 Well, I would only invite you to STAY in English!