Austin

“What did you do over the summer?”
“Oh, I went to Texas!”
“Cool! How funny did their accents sound? Did you get me a pair of boots and a cowboy hat? I bet you went on a bunch of trail rides right?”
Let me just say, most of the stereotypes you hear about Texas are not true! I’ve traveled all over the country, but if I had to pick one place to live, I would stay in Austin.

One reason Austin is the best place on earth is because Austin is the live music capital of the world! People come from all over the country to go to our famous music festivals like Austin City Limits or South by Southwest. These music festivals feature some of the greatest bands and singers in the country! Now! Does that sound very western to you?

Austin is also known for its amazing food! From Italian to our famous tex-mex, austin will surely have something to cater to your need! For example, when my brother moved to Boulder Colorado, he said he instantly missed Austin’s amazing food,so when he comes to visit, we go to all of his favorite resteraunts. Which lucky for me, are my favorites too! Yes, we do have BBQ resteraunts, but that does not make us rednecks!

Austin is not my favorite place on earth because I already live here, but because of all of the amazing features! These examples were just two of my favorite things about my home. There is so much more to Texas than rodeos and barrel racing! The stereo types are not true. They are sometimes insulting! This is why you never judge a book by its cover.